Fervent: Prayer Strategy for Your Purity
Have you put together your prayer strategy for your fears? I hope so! This week we are moving on to Prayer Strategy number seven, your purity! If you're just joining us, come on in! We're working through the book, Fervent by Priscilla Shirer. If you want to purchase the book you can do so through this affiliate link by clicking here. (This post contains an affiliate link, which provides me with a small compensation when you purchase your book through my link. Thank you so much for supporting my small business!)
So what is purity? Purity is the condition or quality of being pure; freedom from anything that debases, contaminates, pollutes etc.
Anything that containminates or pollutes our hearts and our relationship with God is impure. We're not just talking about sexual impurity. As Priscilla mentions in the book, impurity can be moral compromise, an unhealthy habit, and also an enticing addition. We can have impure thoughts, speak impure words, and do impure things. So why is creating a prayer strategy for purity so important?
Impurity hinders our relationship with God. I love this verse, Priscilla shared in the book. Isaiah 59:1-2 says, "Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save, or his ear dull, that it cannot hear; but your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear." Impure thoughts and actions (sin) separates us from God. This is why praying for our purity is so important.
Are you ready to pray fervently and create a prayer strategy for your purity? To get started, here are some scriptures you might consider adding to your prayer strategy for your fears. If you're following along in the book you can find these scriptures, plus more, on pages 129-131.
- There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. - Roman 8:1-2
- Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts, and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace. -Roman 6:12-14
- Walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16
- My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart, my portion forever. Psalm 73:26
- No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13
- The Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation. 2 Peter 2:9
Go ahead and grab your Heartfelt Prayers Journal and craft your prayer strategy for your PURITY. Remember, if you don't have a journal, you can download this Prayer Journal that I created specifically for this study and use it throughout the series!
As I mentioned before, I'll be sharing my prayers with you to serve as inspiration as you work to craft your very own! Here is the prayer strategy I wrote in my war binder, for my purity.
I'm praying for you as you work to craft a prayer for your purity. See you next week as we dive into prayer strategy number eight on PRESSURE.
Rooted in the love of Jesus,
P.S. I would just love to keep in touch with you and get to know you better! If you would love that too, click the button below!